Thursday, August 27, 2015

Finally Moved In

I finally got my laptop connected to the campus wifi so I thought this would be as good of time as any to make my move-in blog post.

I have been on campus for five days and band camp is now drawing to a close. It's been a lot of long, exhausting days so the fact that I'm not going back to Minnesota at the end of the week hasn't quite hit me yet. It has felt like just another week-long camp away from home that I'll be leaving after, but that's not the case. Club U-Dub-Dub (our orientation program) is on Sunday and Monday before classes start on Tuesday so my stay here is far from ending. I'm not sure yet when it'll hit me that this is my new home, but I'm sure it'll happen very soon.

I went to the book store to get my books for classes yesterday and what was going to be an excursion of about $60 turned into $111. I couldn't resist the comic books that greeted me as I walked into the building and reminded me that I left all of mine at home. I left with the books I needed plus Harley Quinn and Deadpool so I have some extra reading material now for fun.

My roommate moved in today while I was at marching band so I haven't had a whole lot of time to really talk with her, but I can already tell we're gonna get along great.

It's getting late so I will bid you adieu for now
Jenna

No comments: